Bangladesh Red Crescent Society Job Circular has been published.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Background: Red Cross-Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society(BDRCS), a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No.26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971, is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people and over the last 47 years, has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the position of WASH Officer
Purpose of the position: To design and successfully implement the WASH related activities of the IFRP Program in 2 districts with particular emphasis on ensuring safe drinking water and sanitation facilities for all targeted households.
|Job Title||:||WASH Officer, IFRP Program|
|Job type||:||Contractual (12 months initially, with a possibility of extension)|
|No. of position||:||01 (one)|
|Age||:||36 years maximum (Age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate)|
|Monthly salary||:||BDT 25,000.00-28,000.00|
|Location||:||Nilphamari RC Unit|
|Reportable to||:||Project Manager, IFRP programme, BDRCS, NHQ, Dhaka|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare implementation strategy and timeline, within the overall framework of the approved plan of actions (PoA), for the implementation of planned activities under the WASH activities.
- Organise the survey of existing water sources and quality test of water of all available sources in the targeted communities.
- Based on community consultation, determine the adequacy of the drinkable water in the communities at all seasons and install new water points, if needed, in few centrally located points. Refer further details in the plan of action for type and number of water points to be installed.
- Select households/beneficiaries for all planned training programs as per the set criteria and policies.
- Implement PHAST and hygiene & sanitation campaign in close coordination with the health activities.
- Prepare beneficiary list for latrines support based on the existing condition of the households. Determine the number of households requiring a complete set of latrines materials and a super structure only.
- Make a plan for the delivery of required latrines materials for households. Prepare technical specifications/BoQ for tendering process if the supply and delivery of latrines materials are to be outsourced.
- Organise latrines construction training for community volunteers.
- Ensure each household constructs the latrines in time with an acceptable standard. Ensure trained volunteers are helping households during the construction.
- Make assessment of safety of family houses in the communities and prepare list of possible supports to be provided to needy households to make them more safe and resilient to disasters. Work in close coordination to DRR program while designing any activities geared towards disaster risk reduction.
- Design and conduct safe shelter awareness training to community volunteers and households.
- Prepare annual plan of actions and budget for assigned components within the framework of the overall IFRP Program plan of actions.
- Assist Project Manager in overall management of IFRP Program and achievement of the IFRP goal as a whole.
- Effectively coordinate with ULO and PIC of both districts and other sectorial concern officer while implementing sectoral activities in the community.
- Assist ‘Assistant Project Officer (APO)’ in preparing project reports and updates.
- Always work towards promotion of RCRC principles and humanitarian values in the communities.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Project Manager, IFRP Program.
Required experiences and competencies:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- 3 (three) years of relevant working experience on WASH related activities.
- Additional experience on project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation as well as working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team will be given a priority.
- Analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Able to plan and work independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Able to influence, communicate, co-operate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex tasks.
- Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Have adequate user level knowledge on various computer applications such as AutoCad Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles and values
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Willing to work for vulnerable and people in need.
Interested candidates should email their resume with a cover letter and a recent passport size photograph, to email@example.com before 4:00 pm, 15 January 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.